Traffic + Conversion = Success. The concept is easy enough to understand, but achieving it is another story. Only 2% of traffic converts in an initial visit. To convert the other 98% you have three options: retargeting ads, remarketing emails, and web push notifications. Web push is the most effective and affordable way to get visitors back to your site. Here’s why...

1. Highest Click-Through Rates

Website visitors who are remarketed are 70% more likely to convert. However, the click-through rates are incredibly low -- the average CTR is 0.7% for retargeted ads and 1.5% for marketing emails.  Web push has the highest CTRs. Many companies report web push click-through rates exceeding 18%.

2. Fewer Abandoned Carts

Retargeted ads can surprise customers and create a creepy experience. This, combined with ad blockers, make retargeting less effective when it comes to driving reengagement. When a visitor abandons her cart, you can’t rely on retargeted ads on other websites to bring her back.

Web push notifications are a nimble, effective, and customer-friendly solution. They’re engaging, clearly visible, and easy to opt-in and opt-out of. OneSignal makes it easy to trigger push notifications when visitors abandon carts (read more).

How to create a Web Push Notification in OneSignal

3. Easier than Email Messages

Before you can send an email, you need to convince your website visitor to enter his/her email address. The majority of visitors will leave without completing this task. Subscribing to push notifications is an easier call to action.

Furthermore, email open rates are in decline. They get lost in our ever-growing inboxes; Gmail filters them to promotions tabs; many are lost completely to spam folders or bounce due to user error. Web push messages are more likely to be seen by visitors.

4. Better ROI

Retargeting ads via Google costs $0.25-$0.60 per click. Email marketing services typically charge per email subscriber -- these services get expensive fast. For reference, if you were to send emails to 30,000 subscribers, you’d have to pay Mailchimp $2,700 or Constant Contact $3,780.*

Web push saves you money over retargeting and email. You can set up web push notifications for up to 30,000 subscribers with OneSignal’s free plan. Paid plans start at $99/month to send unlimited monthly messages. You get the ability to segment users, set triggers for automated messages, personalize messages, A/B test -- you can even include images and emojis in your messages. Read more about how to set up web push on OneSignal to unlock this crucial new customer messaging channel.

* Costs calculated for an annual plan