Our team is going to have a table at RustConf this year; please come and say hello if you are interested, curious, or simply want to connect.
We are hiring for several roles, and we would like to call special attention to our Distributed Systems Architect role. This role has a heavy focus on designing, building, and extending distributed systems using the Rust programming language.
OneSignal provides a simple interface to push notifications and email, letting content creators focus on quality user engagement instead of complex implementation. Our mission is to send all of the world’s marketing and transactional messages in an accessible and effective way. We have over 470,000 developers, marketers, and administrators registered on the platform today with over 200,000 apps and websites using OneSignal.
Every day, OneSignal sends over 2.8B push notifications on behalf of our clients.
At OneSignal, we’re all in on Rust. We have numerous production systems written in the language including
onepush, our scalable push notification delivery service peaking over 500,000 push/sec
pstats, or stats collection daemon running on every single one of our servers
- Several Kafka streaming applications such as our device analytics consumer
- A myriad of internal tooling
- Two Ruby gems with Rust internals
- And plans for several more applications.
We use other battle-proven technologies such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, and Redis as part of our infrastructure. As we've been growing quickly, we're continuing to build for the future by investing in scalable, distributed systems.
Providing this service provides opportunities to work on all sorts of interesting problems:
- High volume push and email delivery system
- Marketing automation services with < 5s latency
- High-performance web APIs capable of spiking up to 400,000 requests/sec
- Message Bus based architecture
- Kafka streaming applications
In addition to working with great technologies, we do everything we can to make OneSignal a great place to work.
- Focused on building powerful, scalable applications with technologies like Rust
- Several engineers working on Rust projects, contributing to OSS
- Excellent work/life balance; unlimited vacation plan with at least 3 weeks recommended
- Monthly team activities and two major off-sites annually. Skiing in Squaw Valley Jan 2018, ropes course + dinner in Sonoma July 2018
- Excellent health, dental, & vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan
- Team is based in San Mateo, CA
If you're at RustConf, please stop by our table. You can find it by looking for the big OneSignal logo. Additionally, you can always apply online at https://onesignal.com/careers.
We hope to see you there!
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on 'protected categories,' we also strive to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at OneSignal.