It's been a while since our last update, but a lot has happened since then!
First off, you'll most likely notice our new website and dashboard redesign. We're continuing to make updates to our dashboard to make things easier to use and to help you manage your apps more efficiently. Our developer sign ups continue to grow, with an astonishing 1500 new developers signed up since our last update! And now, onto the new features...
Emoji SupportOneSignal has always supported Emoji messages, but until now they've been cumbersome to add to messages.
🎉🎉🎉 Not anymore! 🎉🎉🎉
With our new Emoji composer, you can easily add emoji to your notification contents or titles. Simply click the smiley-face on our notification composer and select the emoji you wish to add to your notification. It doesn't get any easier! 👊
New DocumentationOur documentation also got a facelift and we're taking steps to try to fill our knowledge base with your most common questions in order to better help you to set up and use OneSignal. Check out our new documentation [here](http://documentation.onesignal.com).
Improved SDKsAll of our SDK's received significant improvements. The Native SDK changes also apply if you are using a cross-platform development tool like Unity or Phonegap. Here's a summary of some of the largest changes for each
- Notifications can now have a customized title on iOS 8.2 and later devices.
- Notifications will no longer be cleared when the app is opened unless the notification incremented the apps' badge count.
- Custom URLs will now open quicker.
- Fixed a couple of rare and minor bugs.
- We now support notifications for WP 8.1 projects.
HTML5 Web Push
- Added a setSubscription method so you can allow users to unsubscribe from notifications.
- Fixed bugs related to detecting notification support in Android webviews.
Note: This plugin is automatically updated. No need to do anything on your side.
Wordpress Web Push
- Notifications will now link to the post that they were created for instead of the homepage.
- Installation instructions are now up to date.
- Fixed a build error when using Unity 4.6
As always, thanks for your support in helping us on our path to becoming the number one provider for smart push notifications for your apps and websites!
~The OneSignal Team