Update: This feature is now live! Learn why and how to implement it as part of your engagement strategy.
Want to reach new mobile audiences? Get ready by testing out mobile web push so you’re ready to go when Apple releases this publicly.
Apple currently offers beta access to iOS and iPadOS 16.4, which includes web push notifications for mobile devices. Although this is currently only available for testing and not yet for the public, we do expect this to go live in the coming weeks.
iOS Web Push is Easy With OneSignal
OneSignal is the clear market leader for web push, and we’re maintaining our market dominance by being one of the first to market with mobile Safari web push.
Testing is easy:
- Join Apple’s free Beta Software Program.
- If your website is already a Progressive Web App (PWA), you don’t need to do anything additional. Otherwise, create a web application manifest file, which is required to send mobile web push.
- Using an iOS or iPadOS device running 16.4 beta, add your website to the home screen.
- Launch your website from the home screen and opt in to notifications.
- Use OneSignal to send your notification.
Follow our detailed setup guide to get everything ready today, and be one of the first companies to reach new mobile audiences once Apple releases it publicly. Sign up today for a free account to test it out.Get Started for Free